"71,500 backpacks have been distributed to children in need over the past sixteen years.”
71,500 backpacks have been distributed to children in need over the past 16 years. This is accomplished in partnership with eleven title one schools, corporations, local churches and non-profits.
After discovering how many children in low income families came to school without sufficient supplies we started this program to ensure they had the supplies to do well in school. 71,500 backpacks have been distributed to children in need over the past 16 years.
These backpacks are distributed to children of Title I schools: Hardy, Bess T. Shepherd, Calvin Donaldson, Clifton Hills, East Lake, East Ridge, East Side, Hillcrest, Hixson Orchard Knob, and Woodmore. After a generous donation in 2016, we were also able to give supplies to additional elementary, middle and high schools within the city. Since August 2016, the Nehemiah Project has delivered school supplies to more than 11,863 at-risk inner city students.
- Collaboration of student led prayer on the field/court at 10 minutes before an event;
- FCA, youth groups and churches, in prayer for their school families, students, faculty;
- T-shirts, bracelets, flags and mass social media connections with students; and
- Football Jamboree and games attended and prayed over in 2013.
HOW CAN You HELP?
- It Costs $13.00 per backpack with supplies and bible. Consider donating supplies or the money to purchase them in bulk.
- Talk to your church or business about becoming a partner.
- Contact us for more information or Call, Kelley Andrews @ 423-316-3744.